Sunday, July 6, 2014

Mighty No.9 New Funding Misconceptions

In an effort to help clear up misconceptions about the Mighty No.9 new anime project and new funding, I am writing this blog to share what I have found out about it and to address my early tweets about it. Hopefully, this might help others understand what's up.

My first reaction to the new funding was a negative one. One of the most successful kickstarter campaigns was asking for more money? How dare they? $4M wasn't enough?

It turns out that I didn't take the time to read the information provided at mightyno9.com/en

I apologize to the Mighty No.9 team for jumping to early conclusions and adding to the misconceptions. I should add that no one from the Mighty No.9 team has asked me to write this blog post. I just feel like this is the right thing to do.

Here's my take on what's up:

Anime Project: Digital Frontier approached Comcept about making the Mighty No.9 anime. No money from the original KS has or will be spent on it. Perhaps waiting until the game was near-finished would have been better timing, but it is separate from the development of the game in every way.

New Funding: This is a way to acheive two things, 1. Allow new backers to pre-order the game, and 2. Use those funds to add additional content to the game.

The original KS campaign is covering the cost of development of the originally promised game. These new opportunities offer the potential of new content.

I hope this helps in some small way.

Jools